How to Shoot Video with the Samsung NX500 mirrorless camera?
If you want to shoot good videos, don’t use automatic mode.
Here’s how I use the NX500 to shoot video in manual mode.
First, make sure these settings are correct. You only need to set them once.
- Go to Menu > video camera.
- Select Movie Size > 1920 x 1080 (50p or 60p).
- Select Movie Quality > HQ
Follow these steps to shoot in manual mode.
- Switch to Manual “M” mode.
- Set ISO. I like 6400 for shooting indoors in the day.
- Fix Shutter Speed at 1/50.
- Adjust Aperture to just below “over-exposure” as indicated by the zebra lines.
- Set White Balance using the custom setting.
- Select the type of AutoFocus. Sometimes I use Manual Focus, but most of the time, I prefer Continuous AutoFocus.
- Press the Record button to start and stop recording.
During video recording, especially in run-and-gun events, I adjust only two things, the aperture and the zoom… sometimes the focus.
Please note that the Samsung NX500 do not have microphone input jack. If you intend to shoot interviews, this is not the right camera. However, it can be a great b-roll device.
Feel free to reply with a question or comment.
Check out my upcoming course: 2-Day Camera Videography and Video Editing Course for BEGINNERS [in SINGAPORE]… http://www.videolane.com/courses/basic-videography/
For more tips on making videos, please subscribe.
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channels…
Camera and Editing training…
Work at home Dad Lifestyle…
About the video: Recorded with Sony HXR-MC50E. Edited on MacBook Pro with Final Cut Pro X. Music “Creative” by SFmusic.
More queries about the Samsung NX 500 mirrorless camera:
How to Use
How to Connect to iPhone
vs Sony a5100
vs Sony a6000
vs Sony A6300
vs Canon 70D
vs Canon EOS M3
vs Canon G7x