I nearly wanted to tell him to have the conversation later.
His proposal was so disturbing that I had to drop everything and talk.
My friend is in the publishing business.
He is in the midst of revamping his services to include video publishing.
Side track: On the same day, another friend, a photographer, was preparing a live video recording session for his client.
I felt like I have been eaten alive into oblivion.
Who needs a professional videographer anymore when everyone else can shoot video like drinking water.
IT’S EASY LIKE HEAVEN…
If you are one those cannibal-to-be that is going to eat my profession, here’s my advice.
Do it. Do it the easy way.
Don’t bog yourself down by using BIG professional gear (read yesterday’s post).
Do this instead.
(pssst… I use this method when client is not looking)
EASY VIDEO PRODUCTION STEP BY STEP
1. Pick up your camera. It’s in your pocket. Inside your phone.
2. Start shooting. Remember to follow the rule of thirds (ask me what this is).
3. Too dark? Turn on the camera flash light. It works well up to about 2 meters.
4. Need to record interviews? Plug in your phone headset. That is the perfect handy microphone you can ever have.
5. Hold your phone as steady as possible. Otherwise use a mini pocket tripod.
Keep your DSLR. Sell it away. Give it to charity.
You have been lied to. You don’t need a DSLR or any BIG professional gear to shoot a good video.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS HOW…
You have all the gear already, the next step is to learn how to use it the correct way.
Leave a comment below if you are interested in downloading (for free) my checklist to shoot a smartphone video like a pro.
“Do it” (sinister voice of Palpatine)