12 April 2017: Unboxed http://www.videolane.com/panasonic-lumix-fz2500-unbox/
Here’s a field test review of the Panasonic Lumix FZ2500 by TheCameraStoreTV.
🙂 Full flip touch screen
🙂 Quick Autofocus
🙂 Touch-screen autofocus
🙂 Dedicated Movie Mode
🙂 Built-in ND filters
🙂 time-lapse feature built-in (no app required)
🙂 10 bit 4:2:2 broadcast quality
🙂 Mic jack
🙂 Headphone jack
🙂 Bad ass lens hood
🙂 4K recording
🙂 20x zoom lens
🙁 starts to look noisy for video at 1600 ISO in low light (native 400 ISO)
🙁 Some delay in turning on (must wait for lens to extend)
🙁 4K recording cropped
😐 1-inch sensor
😐 Slo-mo up to 1080p 120fps
😐 vs Sony RX10 Mark III (bigger zoom range, lighter weight, lens aperture ring, slo-mo 1080p 240fps, no ND filters)
This camera is perfect for shooting event videos.
Do you think this camera is for you?
What are the accessories required?
Must also get:
– Battery DMW-BLC12 – US$70
– MC Protector DMW-LMCH67 US$59
– Shotgun mic DMW-MS2 US$279 (NO NEED BATTERY)
– Sandisk SDXC card U3 128GB US$63
Also video light and video light holder.
For recording modes of 100 Mbps or greater, use SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3).
Considered RODE Videomic Pro USD230, but NEED BATTERY, and about same price as the MS2
- See my selection of the best camera for video recording in 2017.
- Look out for my next post as I explore further.
- It’s known as the Panasonic FZ2000 in Europe and the Panasonic FZH1 in Asian markets.
- Check the full specs of The FZ2500 in Panasonic Singapore.